Browne’s Cake Boxes
Two cake boxes branded on two sides with ‘Mrs Brown, High Class Confectioner, Tobacconist, Stationer and News Agent, 26 Dominick St, Galway’. Browne’s shop, tea rooms and Post Office were located at 26 Dominick St., Galway and run by Mrs Eibhlin Browne for 62 years from the 1920s onwards – she died December 1, 1969, aged 93. The Post Office closed in 1991, having originally been opened in 1853 – now the E Brún bar.
Museum Reg. GCM2017:008